Hines is forward of two Hall-of-Famers in this article — and Marshall Faulk is a person of the finest, if not the very best, all-all around working backs in NFL history. It really is unquestionably spectacular. But what Hines has performed in his initial three many years is even far more outstanding when you broaden the scope to NFL historical past.
As a refresher, here is what Hines has completed his initial 3 many years:
- 2018: 85 rushes, 314 yards (3.7 Y/A), 2 TDs 81 targets, 63 receptions, 425 yards (6.7 Y/R), 2 TDs
- 2019: 52 rushes, 199 yards (3.8 Y/A), 2 TDs 58 targets, 44 receptions, 320 yards (7.3 Y/R)
- 2020: 89 rushes, 380 yards (4.3 Y/A), 3 TDs 76 targets, 63 receptions, 482 yards (7.7 Y/R), 4 TDs
- Full: 226 rushes, 893 yards (4. Y/A), 7 TDs 215 targets, 170 receptions, 1,227 yards (7.2 Y/R), 6 TDs
Only 34 gamers have experienced, as Hines did in 2018 and 2020, numerous seasons of 300+ speeding yards, 400+ receiving yards and 60+ receptions. Some names on the list:
- Marshall Faulk (5 – tied for NFL file with Roger Craig)
- Le’Veon Bell (4)
- Alvin Kamara (4)
- Tiki Barber (4)
- Marcus Allen (3)
- Christian McCaffrey (3)
- LaDanian Tomlinson (3)
- Matt Forte (3)
- Edgerrin James (2)
- Reggie Bush (2)
Only five energetic players are on that listing — Bell, Kamara, McCaffrey, Hines and Duke Johnson.
And only 13 players like Hines have 300+ speeding yards, 400+ getting yards and 60+ receptions in multiple seasons in excess of their to start with three many years in the NFL.
So will not phone Hines a gadget dude. He’s established he can both of those run and catch as a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses out of the backfield.
“Each individual year I have been in the NFL I have listened to all the factor, oh, gadget guy, too very little to operate in concerning the tackles,” Hines stated. “So I consider final 12 months was a great first step simply because I loathe when persons connect with me a gadget guy.
“I am not a gadget dude. I am a soccer participant.”